Saturday 2 February 2013

One breath of life

I was returning from the station after dropping dad. It was around 7 in the morning. The roads were relatively empty and i was driving home to go and complete my sleep. Surprisingly, I was able to find my way back without getting lost, which is was happens each time I drive alone. I was nearing Dhaula Kuan and now my home was just a few minutes of travelling away.

As I took the last turn into the ring road, travelling at about 60 kmph, I could see a few pigeons on the road. As I neared them, they flew away but in a flashing moment, one of them was struck by my car. 'Fuck', i said and stopped my car. I could see feathers from my rear view mirror. They were swirling into a vortex. I went and picked her up. She was dead. Instant death. One blow and her interiors were exposed and she had died then and there - without a farewell and with an incomplete story to tell.

As she lay on the seat next to me, I could feel the warmth that was still present in her body. A moment ago, there was life in her and now it was all gone. Gone in a wisp of air that she exhaled for one last time.

Such is life ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Through A Smoke Screen

Subscribe to My Blog !!